Cinnamon, Whole Cumin, Whole Fennel, Black Pepper, Whole Coriander, Whole Clove, Red Chilli Powder, Fenugreek Leaf, Turmeric Powder, Whole Nutmeg, Whole Mace, Green Cardamom and Black Cardamom.
Instructions for use
- Soak 250 g of Rice for 10-15 minutes in water (1:1 proportion)
- Cut 200 g Vegetables or Meat of your choice – Tomato (3 nos), Carrot (2-3 nos), Beans (2 nos), Cauliflower(10 -15 nos), Green peas (1 small cup),
- Blend Green Chillies (5 nos), Garlic (5-6 flakes), Ginger – a medium piece, Mint leaves (handful), to a fine paste.
- Heat 50 ml of oil and saute Bay leaf and 3-4 chopped Onions till brown. Add the paste and saute for 3-4 minutes. Add the cut Vegetables and salt to taste, Rice (with water) and 10 – 15 g of Biryani Masala powder and pressure cook for 2 whistles and mix 1 tsp lime juice (optional).
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot with raw salads with curd/raitha
- Variation: For a spicier Biryani, use 20 g (4 tsp) of Masala powder.